Allies of the canons to help travelers, the St-Bernard dogs originated at the Hospice du Grand-St-Bernard, at 2500m altitude. Take a 45-minute hike with the St. Bernard dogs in the beautiful mountainous landscape of Champex-Lac.
The activity is done in the company of two to four dogs, one of which is harnessed to a sled on which children up to 8 years old can take a seat and be pulled in turn. Adults walk alongside the dogs and can hold them on a leash.
Dates and times of the rides
Saturdays and Sundays in January
Saturdays and Sundays in February
At 10am – 11am – 1:30pm and 2:30pm
Adults : CHF 39.00
Young people (2-16 years old) : CHF 18.00
Children – 2 years old : Free (they don’t go on the sled)
Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Information and registration
Maximum 8 people/activity
Reservations at the Barry Foundation: www.fondation-barry.ch or +41 (0)58 317 77 00
General conditions :
– Ability to walk
– Shoes and clothes for the hike adapted to all weather conditions.
– If there is not enough snow, the walk will be without a sled, with the dogs on a leash.
– Private dogs are not allowed.
– No refunds in case of delays or no-shows.
– The Barry Foundation reserves the right to cancel the trip if the weather conditions are really bad.