Parish museum

Liddes

Taking advantage of the renovation of the church in Liddes in 2007, and concerned with maintaining its religious heritage, the parish management board, had the happy idea of creating a small parish museum.

To this end, access to the gallery on the left as one enters the church has been transformed into an exhibition hall.

The latter now offers parishioners and visitors the option of seeing the “treasures” collected over the years and distributed to various parts of the municipality.

Next to the explanatory boards on the history of the parish, on successive churches, on the chapels, on Saint George, the patron saint, on the processions, the following items are exhibited in the display windows: reliquaries, Baroque statues, procession crosses, liturgical objects, missals and ornaments. One of the most interesting items is a manuscript dated 1494 relating the story of the acknowledgements in favour of Liddes parish.

Various paintings are also hung on the walls, including a very original one on the Trinity, and another, dated 1661, which was previously found in the Saint-Laurent chapel.


Free entrance.


Annual opening.

Parish museum
Rue de l'Eglise
1945 Liddes

T. +41 (0)27 775 23 82
liddes@saint-bernard.ch